Virtual Meetings for Requirements Elicitation
Whether your requirements workshops involve local participants or your attendees are distributed across many time zones, DEA facilitators can guide elicitation sessions to a successful outcome.
Most of us are familiar with face-to-face workshops of this type, but maybe ‘virtual’ sessions are less usual. And you may even be asking whether it’s possible to successfully elicit requirements when everyone’s not in the same room. Well, the answer is ‘yes, if….’ It all depends on whether you have an experienced, professional facilitator in the lead. We are members of the Professional Facilitators Network and have solid experience in making virtual meetings work for everyone involved.
What actually happens in a virtual requirements elicitation session? There are several key pre-session activities that must occur:
- Define the scope
- Identify participants
- Assess the environment and the tools that can be available: will there be video? are we using WebEx?
- Prepare materials. Is there pre-work that we should ask the participants to complete? Is there information that needs to be gathered for the facilitator, the participants or both?
During the session:
- Conduct an ice breaker and give participants a chance to ‘play’ with the technology that will support the meeting
- Customize the agenda with the group
- Moderate live collatoration
- Trigger polls for checking in and obtaining feedback
- Initiate timekeeping tools and agenda transitions
- Modelate conclusions and next steps
Following the session:
- Compile and deliver the findings
- Gather feedback
Contact DEA at 617-482-4444 and let us know how we can help your project.